I know it may sound clichéd, but a dream journal can make a big difference to your dream life. It serves the basic premise you would expect, i.e. to jot down any dreams (including snippets of dreams) you can recall. However, there are other purposes and uses that you may not have thought about.
My Top 11 Unique Ways to Use a Dream Journal
1. Note the dream-related routines you are carrying out, such as mantras, bedtime routine, and waking time routine. Include outcomes for each to monitor your progress.
2. Paste in dream-related news, stories, techniques, and articles that you come across.
3. Spend one minute upon waking each morning pondering your dreams. Write down what you recall in your journal.
4. See if you can spot how moods or thoughts from the day have affected your dreams, and vice versa.
5. List the dream-related titles and authors of the books you are reading, along with and any quotes, tips, or exercises you are finding helpful.
6. As you fill your dream journal, you are likely to find patterns. These can help you decide which areas to focus on and which to ignore. Or, show you important areas of your subconscious to focus on.
7. Take a section of a dream you have jotted down in your dream journal, and mind-map it for ideas.
8. Write down the results of various dream techniques you have tried.
9. If you are a writer, search the journal for possible characters, plots, and scenarios. THE DREAMING WRITER details various methods to help you do this.
10. Paste in pictures that remind you of dreaming or of dreams you have had.
11. Use your notes as a source to come up with your own dreaming tips and tricks.
As you can see, there are many options open to you if the idea of simply retelling your dreams day after day does not appeal. Dream journaling can be enlightening, interesting, and exciting. And remember, anything you do that gets you thinking about dreams, works toward giving you more dreams.
Are there any other uses you can come up with?
Yours in dreaming, writing, and dream writing,
Alicia Leigh :-)
About A.K. Leigh
A.K. Leigh is an international-selling romance author, identical triplet, writing instructor, incurable romantic, love guru, self-love advocate, amateur mystic, mother, sometimes blogger and vlogger, and trauma survivor.